Jeannine Atalay Harvey
Online resume with work examples http://flavors.me/jharvey529/#_
Mobile 703.868.2090 / Twitter @jharveyrocks
Communications professional with extensive experience in social and digital media strategy and execution. Expertise includes community building and engagement, social media strategy across multiple platforms, digital content creation for audience building and event production. Key competencies include:
Social Media Strategic Planning
- Community Development
- Blogger / Influencer Engagement
- Digital Communications
- Digital Content Creation
- Strategic Partnerships
PBS (Public Broadcasting Service), Arlington, VA 2000 – 2011
Associate Director, PBS KIDS Marketing and Communications
Associate Director, Digital and Social Media, PBS Communications
Social Media Strategy and Campaign Development
- Developed social media strategy and campaigns designed to increase brand awareness, drive tune-in and traffic to PBS KIDS and PBS Parents and promote company initiatives.
- Member of small communications team responsible for driving traffic to pbskids.org. The site averages 10 million unique impressions/month and remains #1 in streams among KIDS sites for the eighth month in a row, with over 111 million streams (May, 2011).
- Developed strategic campaigns to engage moms, parents and key influencers in PBS’ core mission.
- Managed PBS KIDS Media Literacy Campaign bringing together over 100 parent bloggers in five cities to discuss media habits and to promote PBS as a leading multi-platform media organization.
- The blogger campaign was awarded PRSA’s Bronze Anvil, Award of Commendation, 2010.
- Developed strategic plan for growing PBS KIDS and PBS Parents online communities including Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
- Grew PBS KIDS Facebook community more than 400% over previous year.
- Developed and managed content and promotional partnerships (Yahoo!, 2002 – 2005; AOL, 2000 – 2003; Google, 2005 – 2011).
- Built strong community of advocates (influencers and parent bloggers) in support of PBS priorities.
- Developed an ambassador community of parent bloggers close to 1,000 strong and a larger community of supporters 3,000 strong.
- Developed and managed social media campaigns for all partnerships designed to engage influencers and raise brand campaign awareness.
- Managed media for the iVillage PBS KIDS Summer Reading Challenge, Summer 2011. The campaign averaged close to 3 million pageviews per month.
- Developed and managed partnership with The Washington Post Live Online to host online topical chats around PBS Programs. The chats with talent included Ken Burns, Shelby Foote, Julie Taymor, Frontline producers and others and provided a platform for fans and community to engage in conversation around a specific topic or PBS program.
- Produced approximately 90 chats per year, 2003 – 2007
Editorial and Content Production
- Produced editorial and behind-the-scenes content and interviews with talent and filmmakers for PBS’ Video Portal, YouTube Channel and other distribution channels to further engage the audience and community around the brand and drive tune-in and traffic to the web site.
- The videos have received hundreds of thousands of views and have engaged the community in topical or program discussion. Events include: Ken Burns National Parks Central Park event, 2009; Television Critics Association (TCA) Press Tour, 2007 – 2011; National Book Festival and other key PBS and PBS KIDS events, 2007-2010.
- Co-Produced award winning web series The Parent Show (January 2011 – present).
- Created and managed PBS’ blog Remotely Connectedto facilitate collaborative storytelling and engagement around PBS programming and campaigns.
- Yahoo Review “Braving the possibility of utter mayhem, PBS has opened its doors to the irreverent, opinionated, and thoroughly unpredictable responses of a group of outside bloggers…”
- Produced a series of nationally aired interviews for PBS KIDS with parent bloggers on kids and technology, education, and parenting.
Event and Panel Production
- Designed, produced and managed influencer events (with interactive and film related constituencies) @ SxSW 2006 – 2011.
- Interactive Social Media & Video Studio, created 3-day ‘salon’ which included interviews, live performances (Alejandro Escovedo), streamed content, and filmmaker and influencer meet-ups, 2009.
- Live-streamed concert (Band of Skulls and Nicole Atkins) at PBS Member Station KLRU’s Austin City Limits Stage to a worldwide audience, 2010.
- Produced evening event PBS & Friends @ SxSW, 2006 – 2011. Created strategic partnerships to cohost events, hired musical talent, managed all contracts, ads and publicity.
- Invited StoryCorps to SxSW to promote digital and audio storytelling.
- Produced events and panels at influencer meetings and conferences to raise company’s profile and engage the audience around topics such as kid’s educational media.
- Blogger Conferences: Mom 2.0 (opening keynote), 2011, EVO ‘10 and BlogHer, 2006-2010
Featured in article “Moms Making a Difference” by Mom It Forward January 2011
EVO ’10: The Evolution of Women and Social Media June 2010
- Panel: Bloggers, Brands & Agencies
Marketing 2 Moms October 2009
- Panel: Brands & Blogs: What’s Working? What’s Next?
Marketing 2 Moms October 2008
- Panel: Brands, Blogs & Beyond: Successful Mom-Influencer Campaigns
Prior Work Experience
Thompson Powers, LLC, Washington, DC 1997 – 1999 Project Manager for health care marketing firm
Operations and administrative management
- Competitive Policy Council, Washington, DC 1992 – 1997
- National Commission on Children, Washington, DC 1989 – 1992
- National Commission to Prevent Infant Mortality 1988 – 1989
- Aviation Safety Commission, Washington, DC 1987 – 1988
- George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, Graduate coursework in Education and Public Policy
- Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, VA Bachelor of Arts in Art History and Studio Art
- Hollins University, Roanoke, VA, undergraduate studies in political science and art history